Friday, April 20, 2007

Where is T (part 2)

I'm not too sure what the significance of searching for T serves me but I have to deal with the feelings and the thoughts of him that fill my mind.

We never dated but I think our souls played tricks on our minds placing us in a comfortable realm that gave us no choice but to embrace the happenings and occurrences taking place at the time.

Something about him would make me hot and bothered. My skin would scorch at the slightest touch. Shivering from the cold heat racing through my body.
He was dependable, he would always be there or he would always make a point to try for me no matter what was asked of him.

In the beginning I found him overbearing, we had seperate schedules and did nothing to impose on each others daily life.
T would take me out for lunches and dinners.
Our relationship was red, not the erratic at time violent red, but a red filled with passion, compassion, dependability, red.

We were noticed everywhere we went, it was rare to see, two young individuals like us walking the streets in Nigeria. At first I remember having this mind set that people would harass me because he was..different, the jandon boy you always remember. The one that seems to be enlightened but holds the grace of someone who lives abroad but can pick up his naija ways at any point. I think all this rambling means T is the embodiment of what I require in a human being.

He would hold my hand wherever we went, it was scary at times because at that age you have no idea what's going on in the world and your little bubble is so miniscule that the realities of life are yet to penetrate your world filling it up with more than you could ever imagine.
We would walk into the supermarkets and stores like we owned them, like they were our little investments that nobody knew about giving us the ability to just wallow in the world created within the walls.

He'd kiss me everywhere, going around the city I lived in Nigeria kissing and holding hands was just....I don't know, it always made me feel awkward, because the adults were watching and making judgmental moves. T gave me a ring, he said to stop the people from staring, to stop the adults from wondering.

My girfriend had a birthday party and of course T was the life of the party. I could place him on the remotest island with the wildest savages and he would get along fine becoming a part of the complex world behind wild savage beasts on a remote island.
As T drove me home we talked about the people in our lives, the friends we had just left behind for the day.

Traffic, unavoidable in my city, we sat there, barely moving, the heat taking over us, the cooling down of the sun did nothing to appease the temperature. It was one of those days were the clouds stayed golden while burning in the background. The women walking back from the market, the okadas rumbling and raring to go amidst the traffic, children playing anywhere they see it fit, market men taking down their merchandise as the day came to an end.
With all the hustle and bustle and the explosion of visionary imagery, T puts his hand on my knee, moving back and forth making regular motions, squeezing tightly and loosely, he turns to me and smiles, I look back at him filled with the passion that comes with life when you realise you live in paradise and wouldn't have it any other way.

Traffic, we sat in it for 2 hours, inching slowly towards home, inching towards the reality of sneaking around so openly so my father wouldn't hear about it.

His hand was warm, soft and suple, against my skin his movements were little tiny circuits, making me feel the currents that his mind was generating. He was trembling as was I, he was making me shiver all over my body, he dragged me to his side and placed my hand on his heart. The rate at which his body was alive was deadly, his heart was racing uncontrolably, he looked at me and kissed me. The sellers on the road were jabbering "Come see oh dis boy dey kiss im girlfriend for car ohhh." They were invisible to us.
"I got you a ring."
"What the hell for?" I said.
"I know the people watching us make you uncomfortable, so the next time a random sales girl asks or one of the area girls try to make a move on me, they'll know our souls are married. They'll know that you are mine and I am yours."
"T...what are you saying??"
"I'm saying I know this makes you uncomfortable, so live my dream with me, live it here, live it now."

When we got to my house, T walked me to the door, more like the kitchen and then the living room. We sat. He got on one knee and opened up this little blue box with a ring with two parts to it, twisted together, intertwined to make up the ring.
"It symbolizes us, even though it may not look like it the ring is made up of two parts, even though it may not look like it this us is made up of you and me."

Issues came with the ring however, the cashiers or the people we met, the people our age who didnt know us would ask questions about the rings we both shared.
Living that dream was one of the most memorable things i've ever done.

My father began to notice, T played golf with him, his father and my father became good friends.
They had a tournament once and because my father was captain of the club we were all summoned to be there. We watched the game and drank and laughed and I was proud that T could keep up with my dad. On awards night T and I stood by each other beaming at each other, making secret touches and whispering to each other when no one was looking,he would place his hand on my butt or sneak his hand up my shirt, touching the little spot in my back. He knew I didnt want to be there, when no one was looking he grabbed my ring finger and twirled the ring he had placed on it months ago to remind me to stay strong.

It was the little things with T that attracted me to him.
I think that's why I can't shake him from my mind.

8 comments:

diary of a G said...

yo thatt dudes sounds a lot like me..... or maybe I really like his style.....I could tell he has a gentleman's swagger.

Don't you just love it when you're noticed everywhere you go. but you're so carefree...

when you could just walk into the supermarkets and stores like yawl owned them...

This seems like my version of a picture perpect attitude of a great couple.... let me find out who the Fkcu fcuked it up.....
going to read part 1. have a good weekend

In Her Mind said...

he was a true gentleman! even years later i could always count on him. to a point i think the seperation, the whole being independent of each other is what got in the way of how we were i truly believe more would have come out of this if we stayed in the same countries. the story gets better.

IJEOMA said...

rolls eyes @D of a G

cute post.. and you right sometimes its the little things that attract us to someone and attaches us to that person

diary of a G said...

yo whats up ma
I know
I know
I've been trouble but your a good
writer one of my favorite unbias
Bloggers

I know people are chosing
sides and yawl. They trying to blacklist me can you believe it
update tho G miss ya

Dith said...

aww this is such a lovely post.im curious....wat happened between u 2?

diary of a G said...

whats up? how ya living? let me know

IJEOMA said...

read it again...how innocent..the love..you shared with him..

diary of a G said...

here you at?
holla r something